Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Welcome All

I owe Sprint/Nextel approximately $200 give or take. I'd pay it off in a heartbeat, but I've got other bigger things going on. Sprint/Nextel has evidently turned the debt over to a collection agency named Receivables Performance Management (RPM)*. I have no problem with Sprint/Nextel seeking payment for the debt. I have been actively sending them $15-$25 checks for most of the past year as I've been able to. The issue at hand is that I feel that Receivables Performance Management (RPM) has gone beyond the point of reasonable collection action and moved into the realm of harassment. They seemingly call me several times a day on a very regular basis - as opposed to one call a month or a single call a week. Sometimes its a live person leaving a message. Sometime an automated message. Sometime a call that disconnects if not answered. I didn't fully document my first attempt to get them to stop or my contact with Sprint/Nextel. I wish I had. However, as they say 'there's no time like the present'. Hence this blog.

It is my hope that this blog will succeed in the following...


1) Communicate to other consumers their rights under federal statutes and their own state's laws when dealing with collection agencies
2) Facilitate tougher legislation so that collection agencies are held accountable for their actions including regulations that hold an agency's clients responsible for the agency's actions. (As they say, 'they knew or should have known')
3) Communicate to current and potential clients of
Performance Management (RPM) issues that consumers have experienced with them
4) Expose
any unfair, illegal and unreasonable practices that Performance Management (RPM) may have committed or encouraged

Isn't the First Amendment and the internet a great things? (Oh and I guess that my degree in Communication Arts and all those hours spent with journalism students may actually pay of.)

*
Address
Performance Management (RPM)
1930 220th St. SE
Suite 101
Bothell, WA 98021
http://www.receivablesperformance.com/

No comments: